Thursday, February 11, 2010

Letter of thanks from Family Promise guests

Dear Good Shepherd

I just wanted to take some time to tell you how grateful I am for your congregation and everything you did for us while we stayed in your church with Family Promise.

While we were at your church we were made to feel like family and a part of your congregation. We did not feel as if we were homeless or someone taking up your space.

Thank you for making my sons birthday a special birthday which he might not have been able to have if it were not for you. You brought cake, ice cream, decorations and even bought him some presents. That day is something I will not forget. It was hard for me knowing that I might not be able to do something for my child but you helped bring that all together.

You have one of the best congregations I’ve seen. Once a volunteer came for their night of hosting that was not the last time you saw them. Every time they were at the church they would stop by and say hi just to see how we were. One volunteer even brought all the supplies so we could have a girl’s night of pedicures and watching movies which was awesome to feel pampered in all that was going on in our lives at the time. You were so kind to invite our families to your movie night which gave us a moment to feel as though we weren’t going through this hard time and that we could do fun things as a family still. We had certain volunteers that would come by more than once just to hang out with us.

I know I am rattling on but I just want to let you know how much you affected us in that short time we were at your church. You do make a difference and it is greatly appreciated. One person can make a difference but a whole congregation has changed our lives and hearts for the better.

I can’t wait for the day that I can come back and help families the way that you have helped ours.

Thank you so much

Barbara and Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment