Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where do you see God?


Last week, I headed out of town for an effective communicator conference in Colorado. As I enjoyed the beautiful ride from the airport in Denver to Group Publishing in Loveland, my neighbor - two seats away - tapped me on my shoulder and said, "Mrs. Kirk, you probably don't remember me but, we sat together at a LifeTree Cafe experience at last years conference and you shared that your mom has Alzheimer's Disease. I just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and your mom all year and I wanted to know how you are both doing."

That 5 minute conversation was enough to remind me how self centered I can be and how good God is. I hadn't thought of this beautiful young girl again after our conversation in 2008 yet she had been praying for me all year. What a blessing!

As I recounted the story later to my co-workers, I couldn't help but feel humble and blessed. I know it was God who sparked this near stranger to pray for me and ultimately comfort me while I was away from overseeing my mothers care for 4 days.

It's in these brief opportunities we are reminded that God is ever present and always working in our lives.

Where do you see God? In our busy-busy, go-go-go, 24-7-365 lifestyle, it seems harder to recognize the times when God is finding us and speaking to us. I can't wait to see how the life of the GSLC congregation will change when we each start seeing God at work in our lives every day!

Blessings,

Kelli Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment