Monday, December 14, 2009

Junior High Winter Retreat 2009


On December 4th, a group of 50 junior high students, high school staffers, and adult leaders loaded up the bus and headed for an awesome weekend at Camp Utaba in Liberty, Utah. God always does amazing things when we go on a retreat and this weekend was no exception! From the moment we arrived the presence of God was apparent and it was a joy to be with this group of people.
One of the things that struck me this year in a more powerful way than ever before was how being at this place (Camp Utaba) felt like being part of something much larger than just one weekend away. I realized during the evening teaching that I personally had been coming on retreats to this place for 22 years (usually two or three times per winter)!!! It really blew my mind to think about but it was an instant remind of how important these times of retreat really are. God has done such wonderful things in my own life and I have had the privilege of observe the countless blessings of our Lord being poured out into the lives of others during retreats as well! I truly count it a blessing to have the opportunity to continue to minster to the youth of Good Shepherd, they continue to be an awesome group of people and God continues to bless us with His presence!!! Yeah God, You are so good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment